Investing in Malaysia
the early 1990ís the Malaysian government has focused on
middle-eastern countries to invest in the country. Many trade
delegations (including seminars and workshops) has been sent to
Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt etc, to explain the trading opportunities
and incentives offered by the government. These offers have brought
Arab businessmen flocking to Malaysia.
They are new reaping the fruits of their investments. Realising the
enormous opportunities available, many have recommended their follow
businessmen to go into joint venture projects with local
Our company, Splendid Millennium Sdn Bhd can advise you on all
aspects of investment in Malaysia.
The reasons why Arab countries find Malaysia attractive are as
1. The country is politically stable and is a very safe place to
2. Business is conducted in both English and Bahasa Malaysia, which
greatly facilitate negotiations between parties.
3. To encourage foreign investors, the authorities has offered many
incentives, exemptions and waivers example, pioneer status, whereby
manufacturers are exempt from corporation tax for the initial 5
years. Licenses and permits for special ventures are preferentially
given to foreign investors.
4. There are professionals and skill labour at all levels and
sectors of industries.
5. Communication, in terms of transport, is considered amongst the
best in the world. High ways seaports, cargo train, etc, are well
connected to all cities and towns.
6. To further encourage the manufacturing sector, FREE TRADE ZONES,
has been established in many parts of the country. Freehold land is
sold to venturers to build factories for their intended product.
7. A further attraction for foreign investors in Malaysia, is that
not only manufacturing amenities are excellent but the country is
located in a strategic part of South East Asia. Manufactured goods
can be exported and marketed to USA, Europe, Japan and China.
SECTORS FOR INVESTMENT
sector of investment for the investor to choose is plentiful
depending on their specialty and preference. Under the current
Economic Policy the government encourages foreign investors to go
into 2 main sectors.
All fields of manufacturing, which employ local labour ,
This is in line with the government VISION 2020, to establish
Malaysia as an industrialised nation.
Agriculture too has been given top priority.
This coyer all kinds of plantation, including oil palm, rubber,
fruit trees, etc,
Emphasis has been given to high-tech food industries especially
those related to HALAL food.
1. Opportunities are there in the petroleum and gas industry both
upstream and downstream.
2. In the timber industry, investors can venture into the furniture
and paper manufacturing.
3. Many Iranian investors are in the IMPORT-EXPORT TRADING, dealing
in food products like Arabian condiments and sweets.
4. Banking and Finance, Banks like AL Rajhi has established branches
in Kuala Lumpur, as it taps the financial opportunities available.
5. In INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY to the government encourage investors
to venture into the electronic industries.
Our company, Splendid Millennium Sdn Bhd can plan and advise you
which sector of investment you wish to go into.
us for more information